Tuesday, 17 August 2010
Profile - McKenzie Lloyd-Smith
It is the return of the UCR profiling machine and it is the turn of our youngest member of staff, McKenzie, to reveal all.
1. What is your role at UCR?
I hold the role of the youngest employee - I represent the Youth at UCR.
2. How did you get into climbing?
It was through school, QEH, I was injured and couldn't play rugby so I came along to the climbing sessions instead.
3. What is your most memorable climbing experience?
I spent the day trad climbing with Tom Heslam at Gull Bay in Devon. It was an eye-opener to what is possible.
4. What is your favourite meal?
Continuing in the trad line it is good old-fashioned fish 'n' chips especially with minted peas.
5. Who is your climbing hero?
I have 2 - it is Le Cox and Mr West, especially for their natural ability and being able to do what it is they do without seemingly doing any training.
6. What are your climbing ambitions?
It would be to climb abroad and to be able to climb consistently at 7a.
7. What would be your theme tune?
It is Rappers Delight by the Sugarhill Gang.